1.01.2012

Happy New Year!

And here we are in 2012!  That came quickly, didn't it?  I hope everyone had a good time celebrating last night.  We spent the day at the beach, had an early dinner, then hung out at home playing some games, watching movies, etc.  Great night with the kiddos!

My first card this year is one that I just made to send to one of our friends over at 2Peas.  Sadly, she suffered a stroke recently, and she was able to post to let us all know what had happened.  Another member has offered to put together a care package for her so I am sending something her way.



All of the stamps on this one are from the Awareness Is Empowering stamp set from SP & Company.  Red is the color for stroke awareness.  I chose the "Kick Some Bootay!" sentiment because I know that is exactly what she is going to do!  The card base was cut using Nestabilities Large Scalloped Circles (Spellbinders), and I used Lady Bug ink (Memento) to stamp the background, Tuxedo Black ink (Memento) for the sentiment.

I hope everyone gets off to a great start in 2012....let's make it a great year!

Happy New Year,

Michelle

3 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

Wow! How special. I didn't know about the color for stroke awareness. Thanks for that. That card is so darling and totally heartfelt. What a difference it is sure to make. Love it!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I all about for "Wear Red for Women" for heart disease and stroke awareness. I am sure she will love your card.

Jennipher said...

What a great card to encourage someone. You made it fun and hopeful. Nicely done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...