5.11.2012

CSAYL Friday - One Layer Card!

Happy Friday, everyone!   Well, you know what Friday brings, right?  Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, that's what Friday brings! 

The challenge this week is one layer cards, and if you play along, one lucky winner is going to win a guest designer spot on the blog!


For this card I used Spellbinders Labels 22 for the base.  You might not be able to see it very well in the picture, but I stamped a cool swirly pattern with Versamark ink on the green cardstock.  It doesn't show up very well in the picture, but it is there.  For single layer cards, I like to add something with some dimension, like this poinsettia sticker from Jolee's .  I LOVE this poinsettia.  The leaves have a very neat leather look to them, and so much dimension.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts, and I just stamped that in some black ink down at the bottom. 

I hope you play along with us this week.  One layer cards can be a real challenge, but they can be so great, and easy to mail too!

Have a great weekend,

Michelle

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Michelle! Such a pretty one-layer card. You're so right. One-layer cards can be a challenge, but they are so easy to mail! There's a fun one-layer Wedneyday (OWL) challenge each week you might enjoy. Here's the link~ http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card! I love the shape of it that you made. It may be one layer, but that alone brought a lot of punch to it. Great focal point. I love that you are already doing Christmas cards..I feel like I just finished last years!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...