7.02.2012

Make Your Chalk Pop!

Good morning everyone!  Today is my day over on the SP & Company team blog, and I have put together a little tutorial for a really cool coloring technique you can do with your chalks!


With this technique, you are going to use your chalks to give your stamped image a fantastic POP of color, like the sentiment in this card that I have made.




For this card, I have used a plain white card.  I stamped the hat and mustache from Fathers Day Fun in black ink.  I then stamped my sentiment that I put together with Mix n Match Kids, using VersaMark watermark ink.


You can see the sentiment after it has been stamped in this picture.  There is no color to it, just a watermark image.


Now for the fun part!  These are the chalks that I have used for my project.


Next, you can see where I have started to add the chalk to my project.  You can use whatever applicator comes with your chalks, q-tips, cotton balls, whatever you choose to apply your chalks.  Pick up the color you want on your project and start rubbing it in a circular motion over the image you stamped with the VersaMark.


You can see that the VersaMark ink is picking up more color than the paper around it.  This makes your image POP!  Just keep picking up more chalk as needed and gradually build up the color until you are happy with it.


Here is a close up shot of my sentiment after I finished with the chalk.  The words are nice and bold, with a halo of chalk around it.  Very pretty with the shimmer chalks!



This is such a fun coloring technique.  You can do single images, sentiments or entire backgrounds.  You can also play around with using multiple colors for some great effects!


Happy Stampin',

Michelle

3 comments:

Mary G. said...

Hmm, I never thought to do the sentiment like that. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Jennipher said...

What great inspiration. I haven't play with my chalks in years!

KER said...

cute x 3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...