9.27.2011

Getting Back to Stamping

Well, it's been over two years that I have gone without stamping.  Hard to believe that I went that long without it!  Looking back, I think that the worst thing I did was sign up to be a "demonstrator" for one of the stamp companies.  The thing that I loved to do so much became work over time, and all the fun got sucked right out of it.  Well, no more.  This girl is going back to stamping for fun!

The other day, while perusing some different sites I came across Operation Write Home (OWH).  I remember them from a few years ago and wow, they have grow!  Such a good cause, and it makes me happy to see it grow to such a success.  I watched one of the videos and really liked Sandy's idea of the "Hall-no-ween" cards.  Basically, it's just using your Halloween images on cards that are not for Halloween.  Got me thinking that a lot of the images that I would normally use for Halloween cards would work really well on pretty much any cards for kids.  With my own hubby being Air Force, and now Air National Guard, we are all too familiar with deployments.  So many service members in the field have kids at home who are missing Mommy or Daddy and would be made very happy just by getting something in the mail from them.  Here are a couple that I have made so far.




The stamps are from a set that I picked up at Michael's (Recollections - My Little Monster).  Adorable little monsters!  On both cards I stamped the monster image on white cardstock, then paper pieced the image instead of coloring it in.  Trying to go with clean cards for OWH so they are easy to mail.  The paper piecing is a great way to add a lot of polish and dimension to a card without adding a lot of bulk.

I am really looking forward to making more cards for this cause.  The timing is perfect too.  I have already made several Halloween cards, don't really need to make any more, but still want to play with all the stuff!

Take care & happy stamping,

Michelle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...