9.29.2011

Happy Birthday Emma!

Today is Emma's birthday!  If you don't know, Emma is my daughter.  She turns 8 today!  She is excited as can be, but Mama is feeling a bit like boo-hooing.  Can't believe she is getting so big, so fast.  Emma is also my little stamping buddy.  She shares the craft room with me and usually she gets more cards made than I do! 

So, in her honor of her special day, here is the birthday card that I made her this year.


Her favorite color is blue, so of course, I went with that.  I wanted to keep the card bright and cheery and man did I have a hard time resisting inking up those edges.  I am very glad that I did though because it just looks so clean and bright. 

Used the Nestabilities Classic Scallop Circles to cut the paper for the cupcake.  Trimmed down the edge where I wanted it to be straight on the side and popped it up with some pop dots.

Colored the image in.with my Stampin' Up markers.  And, I am very happy to say that I finally found my gray Tombow marker for shadowing.  Hooray!  That little guy has been hiding from me for quite some time now. 

One more picture to share before I go.  I don't know how it got started, but we have a little tradition of taking pictures the night before the kids' birthdays.  So here is Emma's "Last Day of being 7" picture.

 
Now I am off to wrap some presents for the birthday girl!

Take care & happy stamping,

Michelle

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...