11.30.2011

WOYWW, My Crafting Nemesis, and Bird at the Beach!

So is everyone ready for Christmas?  You know it's getting close to Christmas when you go in a store at 10am on a Tuesday and it is already a nut house! That was my experience yesterday, anyway. Ordering online is looking better all the time! I am definitely finding myself in the Holiday spirit with Thanksgiving out of the way. Now I just have to get the tree up. Little slow on that one this year, but today is the day. If not, I know an 8 year old little girl who is going to be very angry with Mama.

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means...WOYWW! If you don't know what that means, then just pay a visit to Julia over at The Stamping Ground and you will see exactly what I am talking about. WARNING: WOYWW is highly addictive, proceed at your own risk!

Here is what I am looking like this week...


Behold my crafting nemesis!  She insists on sitting on my craft table.  Usually right in the middle.  She is being kind at this particular moment and is at least sitting off to the side.  Unfortunately she is stuck wearing "the cone of shame" right now because of her allergies and the fact that she won't leave her eyes alone.  Poor thing :( 

Got a card to share today as well...


Made this one using the Nestabilities Lacy Squares Die.  Used the Nestabilities Circle Die to cut the center out of the frame and popped it up with some dimensional foam dots.  The stamps all came from TAC (retired).  Used some Red Stickles around the deer, and Black Stickles to add some sparkle to the flowers.

Are you still wondering what Bird at the Beach is all about?  We decided that this year we would pack up our Thanksgiving dinner and take it to the beach for a picnic!  We have now dubbed it Bird at the Beach.  It was beautiful!  Here is the centerpiece provided by Emma, and the view from our Thanksgiving table...


Ahhhhhh....

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle


Pin It

7 comments:

Jingle said...

Love your card! At least yours is a cat...if my labs did that I'd be in REAL trouble! LOL!

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Michelle, if I were in San Diego, we'd have done Bird at the Beach too - I think it's a tradition already! Nice shot of your desk - you've still got some lovely light there in CA; what smell is in that big ol' candle then?

Anonymous said...

Loving the shot of your cat on the desk, I can imagine the center spot is the best place to get your attention, poor baby though, with the "cone of shame", made me smile ( don't tell her )

Pam said...

Love your Bird at the Beach! Living in Hawaii for 30 years we'd always have Christmas breakfast at the beach. What a good lady of the house you are - that is a LOT of extra work but great memories.

I see you pin. Check out our Pinny Partys on Saturday! Bet you'd like them. Your daughter can play too!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great post! Love your desk and the bird at the beach shot. If we had the weather in the UK, I daresay we'd have our Christmas dinner outside!! Your cat made me hoot (sorry, I know I'm supposed to be sympathetic), it looks very hacked off! Mine hate going to the vet sooo much, they yowl in the car all the way there :(
Hugs, LLJ #39 xx

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Oh, Julia...you would have to ask what the scent is of that candle. I just pulled the label off to decorate the jar, so I have NO idea! It is some kind of yummy apple spice concoction.

Pam, I will definitely check out your Pinny Party. Sounds fun!

Jingle - Good luck with those labs! LOL!

Shoshi said...

How lovely, having your thanksgiving dinner outside looking at the sea! Idyllic. Aww your poor kitty with the "cone of shame" lol lol!! Mine are banned from my ARTHaven because Beatrice pulls everything out and chews it and wrecks everything. That's a very large jar of mustard on the corner of your table!!! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #61

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...