10.09.2011

One Stamp, Two Ways

Lots of stamping this weekend, makes me happy!  The hubby is working extra long hours this weekend, which doesn't make me happy, but it has left me with plenty of time to spend in the craft room.  It has made Emma quite happy too.  Now if I could just teach her to fold her cards in half, just right...maybe I wouldn't have to be stopping what I am working on every five minutes, lol! 

So these two cards that I am sharing today are the result of yet another 2Peas Challenge.  The challenge was to make two different cards, using one image that you color using two different mediums or techniques.  This is a great challenge for me, since I usually shy away from anything with a lot of coloring.

On this first card, I used my Prismacolor Pencils to color the stocking. I use their blending pencil to blend mine.  Kept it really simple, just matted the image and added the sentiment on one of the little Nestabilities Labels.



On this second card I used chalks to do the coloring on the stocking.  Just because of the nature of the challenge, I intentionally tried to go with a completely different color palette.  It proved to be very challenging for me, since I tend to struggle with lighter colors like this.  Just not my thing, usually.  Once it finally started coming together, I loved it!   


Here are the two cards side-by-side.


I am really happy with how both cards turned out.  This is something that I am going to have to play with again.  It's cool seeing them next to each other.  The same stamp, yet the end results are so different from each other.

Now I am off to play with another challenge!

Take care & happy stamping,

Michelle

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...