10.31.2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge

Happy Halloween!  Well, happy that it's Halloween, sad that it's almost over.  When I went into my craft room earlier, I cleared all of the Halloween stamps, papers, & stickers off of my table.  I even moved all of my Halloween stamps to the back of the shelf until next year.  So, I guess it's time to move on to some Winter/Christmas projects! 

The card that I made today is for the Play Date Cafe Challenge .  Here is the picture they posted this week...


Looks yummy, doesn't it?  I sure thought so.  In fact, I might have to hunt down a yummy coffee treat later today, thanks to this picture!

Here is the card that I made for the challenge...


I LOVE these colors together!  I used a snowflake punch that I bought a couple of years ago.  It is by The Paper Studio.  So glad to finally put it to use.  I used some of the Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink around the snowflake and the edges of the Kraft.  I used the same ink to stamp the sentiment at the bottom.  The scalloped border (Martha Stewart) is punched from cream cardstock and I trimmed the top of it with a thin blue ribbon.   

The top layer of Kraft is popped up on some dimensional dots, which looks really cool!  It is kind of hard to see that in the picture from straight on, so here is one from an angle.


Time to go now and get ready for tonights Trick-or-Treating.  Happy Halloween, everyone!

Michelle

Pin It

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Michelle, Your card makes such fabulous use of those colours and I totally love the inked edges on the Kraft...I think we have a winner here ;)
Jenny x

Lisa Elton said...

What a fantastic CAS card....nice work!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Love, love, LOVE this to pieces, Michelle! Your die-cut snowflake is FABULOUS, and the way you've tied everything together appears so perfectly CAS and really packs a punch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...